Show your love for our new campus!
This Giving Tuesday, help us raise money to install school gardens, establish landscaping, and beautify our new campus.
Cultivating an ecologically sustainable, biodiverse environment is a big part of Waldorf education. Teaching kids where their food comes from, and evoking a sense of wonder and excitement about the rhythms and processes of nature through activities such as digging in the dirt, planting seeds, weeding, harvesting fruits and vegetables, and eating the food they have helped to grow gives children a deep sense of responsibility for the earth through practical, hands-on experience.
AWS parent Trevor Mann is a permaculture specialist and has planned a large permaculture garden for the sloping hillside of our 3 play yards. It includes a forest garden area, raised beds containing fruit and vegetable plants, a large herb spiral, and a wildflower garden. We have already received $2,270 in grant money from Rudolf Steiner Social Finance
. With #GivingTuesday donations, we will purchase seeds, plants, and the materials necessary to build raised beds and swale pathways; we will also improve the 3 main play yards for the students.
Since our last #GivingTuesday, when we raised $9,490 in order to outfit our school kitchen in honor of our founder, Sheila Rubin, we have:
• moved to our new campus at 5901 Crestwood Blvd!
• equipped kitchens in both buildings.
• been accredited by the Southeastern Association of Independent Schools (SAIS) and the Association of Waldorf Schools in North America (AWSNA).
• completely renovated both buildings, including HVAC, electrical, and plumbing systems.
• received donations from ProBuild, Hueytown Hardware and Lawler Foundry which allowed us to install fencing around the perimeter of our playgrounds and outside our Kindergarten classroom building.
• broke ground on our new permaculture garden!
Thank you for considering a donation to Alabama Waldorf School. Any amount you can give will help us reach our goal of $9,080.
Click here to donate via PayPal or credit card: