AWS presents a special weekend conference for parents and teachers... "Raising a Socially Resilient Child: Breaking the Cycle of Reactivity, Exclusion and Bullying."
Join us on Friday and Saturady, 2/21 and 2/22 for spcial guest visitor, Kim John Payne, author of Simplicity Parenting and The Games Children Play.
The Friday Lecture is from 7:30-9pm and FREE to attend.
The Saturday skill-building workshop is from 9am to 1pm and costs $40.
Friday Lecture description: While schools can do a lot to work through situations of teasing, parents can also be effective in giving their children some age-appropriate simple strategies to avoid being caught up in the destructive cycle of teasing and bullying.
Both the lecture and workshop will focus on the effects our fast-paced world has on many families and how social tensions at home and school can result in bullying, teasing and exclusion.
Kim John Payne presents a very do-able solution which has been tried and proven with countless families over the last 25 years. Payne's unique approach includes practical tools which parents and teachers alike can implement right away to break the cycle of bullying and teasing.
Saturday Workshop description: In this workshop we will explore how parents and teachers can…
* Bring greater balance into their family to deal with the fast-paced lifestyle that has become for so many “the new normal”
* Raise calmer and more resilient children who can break the cycle of reactivity
* Prevent children from teasing or being teased
* Break the cycle of teasing or being teased if it has already started
* Help a child move from being isolated to building friendships
These strategies will be presented in a simple, step-by-step format that is very effective in most situations of teasing and bullying.